After a very long Sunday filled with more hours on the piano bench than I would have chosen, (especially with the sun was shining brightly and the red line of thermometer approaching the number 70!), I finally sat down with a glass of wine and started catching up on my blog roll. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that Vicki (Bibi's Beat) had "tagged" me with this lovely honor:
There's a nifty meme attached to this, and since I was lucky enough to be chosen as a "thinking blogger," I decided to play along. I figured it would be easy, since I have a lengthy roster of blog friends that make me think about everything from photography to food, antiques to art, politics to parenthood. Let me tell you, the hard part was narrowing it down to just five! This list represents just a few of the many people who stimulate my cerebellum every day. If the five of you want to play along, the "rules" are listed at the bottom of the page.
- Every post she writes is not only creative, it's courageous. Despite a debilitating disease, Tammy (The Daily Warrior), faces life with hope, optimism, and and great sense of humor. She always makes me think about life in a different way, and helps me look on the bright side.
- From politics to antiques, from poetry to life in Paris, Tara (Paris Parfait) always offers an array of interesting and thought provoking posts, accompanied by lovely photographs.
- Her vision of life, demonstrated in her writing and her view through the lens of her camera, her forays into new ventures, and her gentle outlook make Star (The Friendliest Flower) a shining light in my galaxy of bloggers.
- Speaking of a view through the lens, Susan's (soozphotoz) creative photographic eye makes me gasp for breath, which she then helps me recover with her inspirational prompts for haiku writing at One Deep Breath.
- I love to read about "the writing life," and Bug (Writer Bug) is a young woman living that life, as she works at writing and getting her MFA. Every time I read one of her posts, I'm inspired to get myself in front of a blank page and get to work.
To play along, think of five bloggers that provide you with some flavorful, spicy, comforting, food for thought, and then follow these rules:
- Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
- Link to the original post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme. (http://www.thethinkingblog.com/2007/02/thinking-blogger-awards_11.html)
- Optional: Proudly display your 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).