The first day of school is fast approaching, isn't it? The stores are full of shiny new notebooks and pens, and I find it hard to resist scooping up huge assortments of everything I see. In fond memory of school days, with homework pages of questions to answer, this week's Write On Wednesday is in the form of a questionaire. So, take out a fresh sheet of paper, (don't forget to put your name and today's date in the top right hand corner!) and answer these questions please. Completed assignments may be posted on your blog, or in the comments below.
- Do you write fiction or non-fiction? Or both?
- Do you keep a journal or a writing notebook?
- If you write fiction, do you know your characters’ goals, motivations, and conflicts before you start writing or is that something else you discover only after you start writing? Do you find books on plotting useful or harmful?
- Are you a procrastinator or does the itch to write keep at you until you sit down and work?
- Do you write in short bursts of creative energy, or can you sit down and write for hours at a time? .
- Are you a morning or afternoon writer?
- Do you write with music/the noise of children/in a cafe or other public setting, or do you need complete silence to concentrate?
- Computer or longhand? (or typewriter?)
- Do you know the ending before you type Chapter One? Or do you let the story evolve as you write?
- Does what’s selling in the market influence how and what you write?
- Editing/Revision - love it or hate it?